Friday 25 June 2010

Premiership Betting Summary

I have recorded the odds from the 2009/2010 premiership season from the same bookmaker. There are better odds available but for consistency and ease I have kept the bookmaker constant. I wanted to see what the total profit/loss would be for each premiership team if you backed them to win each game, draw each game and lose each game. I have used £10 stakes for each game and here are the results:




















An interesting thing to note here is that for Aston Villa, Spurs and Wigan you can add the three strategies together and end up in profit. This means that for each game you could have bet on these teams to win, draw and lose and still end up in profit at the end of the season. This happens because the average odds of the eventual result for the games were above 2/1.

Another thing to notice here is that you could have made money on the champions Chelsea losing each game. OK, the profit is only £2 but like I said the odds I recorded were not the best around and this could have been a lot more.

There is plenty more to note here but I’ll leave that to the reader to engage with.

Here are the same tables but for the home and away games instead of all the games:
Home -


Away -


Again there is plenty to note, but I leave it to you to make your observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment